Monday, November 3, 2008

Baby updates and Halloween

So Miss Allison went to the doctor's last week for her 4 month appointment...time sure does fly! So along with shots, we got to see how big she is getting. She is 26 inches(95%) and just about 16 lbs(90%). She is doing great and growing so fast! It is interesting to watch how different Hannah and Allison are. Hannah was always right around the 50%, which makes Allison quite a bit bigger, and Allison also seems so much more laid back. I'm not minding the laid back part, but I was hoping they would be closer in size so that I could at least use SOME of Hannah's clothes for Allison! Allison is fitting into 6-9mo clothes without a problem, and when Hannah was 9 months old it was June. We've got our seasons all wrong! Luckily we have a great second hand store in Carroll, which is also where I got the girls' Halloween costumes. It almost makes up for the fact that I don't have a Kohls or a Target closer than an hour and a half away! So here are some pics of the growing girl!


This one is a pic of me when I was about 8 weeks old, but I still think Allison looks a lot like me (minus the skinny chicken legs)

Then we had Halloween. We never got around to carving a pumpking this year, but we still had a great time. Hannah enjoyed carrying the pumpkins around the house anyways. We had a trunk or treat at church, where Hannah practiced her trick or treating skills. Friday night we visited our neighbors and family here in town. Hannah was so excited about handing the candy out to the kids who came to our door before daddy got home that at first she didn't want to leave her job to go trick or treating. Our house is up on a hill and she was stading on our front porch yelling to all the kids "CANDY, CANDY!" When we went to the neighbors across the street, they told us how cute they thought it was...mom maybe just thinks she is getting loud! Once she realized that she got candy when she went door to door she was all for it!



And last but not least, the Hannah update! She is getting more crazy and wild every day...winter maybe scares me because we can't just go outside and run around as easily. She thinks that it is fun to bite Allison's fingers and toes. I don't really know where she learned this one from. I just have to remember that she is two, and this is normal, right!? She is also like a little parrot! Last night she asked to watch her Diego video, and I told her that is was Sunday and that we didn't need to watch TV. She then tells me "Come on, mom! Right now!" I had to laugh because I know she sounded just like me when I'm trying to get her to hurry up and get ready to leave the house, etc. I better watch what I say, because she's going to say it right back to me! She might challenge me sometimes, but she is still such a good girl (most of the time! :)
Another uncooperative pic.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

Thispost is EXACTLY what I feel like I am going through with Kambria and Weston...weston is HUGE and I am not used to being ahead of the sizes...and Kambria is CRAZY!!! she is copying everything we say and it is in full sentences now! So this makes me feel better you are going through it too! We miss you guys!

valumama said...

cute lady bugs! way to go 2nd hand stores, I love them!
we are going through the same things too; Shelby copies us and is getting an attitude. Deena is so laid back, Sterling asked if I spend the time with her that she deserves, I hope I do, but when she is so good and her sister so demanding it is hard.

valumama said...

p.s. I think Allison looks a lot like you! hmm, what would that be like?

Ryan & Keri said...

What cute girls! And I can't beleive how close you and Allyson look! It's pretty amazing. Well, we know she will continue to be beautiful. :D) Glad you had fun with Halloween.