Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day!

This year for Mother's Day I got a special present, my mom came to visit. Her trip was short, but it was great to be able to see her even if it was only for a day! Thanks mom, we sure loved seeing you! Of course, it rained on Sat., when she was here, but we were still able to find a little bit of sunny weather for planting some flowers in my pots in front of our house. I am so excited about spring! Hannah really enjoyed having grandma around. She got lots of extra attention...just the way she likes it! Here is Hannah with grandma. Hannah is wearing grandma's shoes and purse. For some reason they were even better than mom's or her own! We look forward to seeing grandma again around the end of June!
Here is a skunk we saw at the nearby state park. I've never seen a live skunk before, and he looked like he was not very healthy, but I had to take a picture just because it was something different!
Today we also went to the "Our new baby" class at the hospital. This is a class for siblings, and Hannah is adorable. I have never really worried that she won't love the new baby because she is attached to her baby dolls and loves to see babies wherever we go, but I think she is going to be such a good helper! She got to practice holding a baby and changing a baby's diaper. I know there will be a big adjustment when we really bring a baby home because most of her dolls aren't quite as needy as a newborn, but she will be a great big sister! Some days I feel a little sad that I won't have so much time to spend with my Hannah, but then I see how much she LOVES playing with other kids and I realize that she thinks kids are more fun than mommy anyways! By the way, I asked Hannah the other day if mommy is having a boy or a girl and she said it was a GIRL. We will have to wait and see!

We have also been enjoying our beautiful weather...finally! 70s all week, sunny, I can handle this kind of weather! I'm sure it will turn hot and humid before I know it, but for now Hannah and I spend lots of time outside!

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Glad to know you had a great mother's day! What a special surprise! And to hear about how happy Hannah is for a new baby "sister" is too cute! We cant wait to see you guys again soon...wih hopfully a new baby there too!